- Specific techniques in massage including Aromaflexology massage.
- Information on plant families and essential oils is expanded
- Organic chemistry and essential oil components awareness
- Toxicity, essential oil purity and safety
- 15 carrier oils are discussed in depth
- Allergy and substance sensitivity.
- The properties and effects of 15 essential oils are studied.
All case studies and homework assignments should be completed before module 4.
- Differences between plant medicine and orthodox medicine
- Comprehensive study of common ailments, including those arising from care for the elderly, pregnancy and paediatrics, depression, special needs and massage with cancer patients
- Olfaction and its psychosomatic effects
- The properties and effects of 12 essential oils are studied.
- Techniques of neck and shoulder massage and relaxation are included in this module.
All case studies and homework assignments should be completed before module 5.
- Rudiments of business and management procedure are taught and cover some of the aspects of starting up and running a successful clinic including the client/therapist relationship.
- The exam is on the final day, both practical and theory.
The Clinical Aromatherapy Diploma Course is assessed by:
- 3 hours written examination
- 2 and a half hour practical assessment
- 200 hours of case studies
- Continuous assessment by homework and class work
The Anatomy and Physiology Course is a CORE UNIT and is IAM, IFPA and ITEC accredited. This course
is a mandatory requirement for the completion of the Associate Diploma of Clinical Aromatherapy course. The course program includes:
- Human Body, Chemistry of Life, Cells & Tissues
- The Skin and the Muscles
- The Skeletal System and Digestive System
- The Urinary and the Nervous System
- The Endocrine and the Cardiovascular System
- The Respiratory and the Reproductive System
- The Lymph and Immune System
The course is structured into a 3-part program. Each part is presented in 4-5 part time sessions on Saturdays from 10am-1pm, enabling students to start at any point.
In-house classes are interactive with the tutor and certificate is issued by completion of assignments and essays.
*Exemption from Anatomy & Physiology module is granted if the student provides proof of relevant qualifications.